menu
categories

Easy hair washing Routine

Monday 12 April 2021


I used to dread wash days.

It would take me hours to gather up the mental and physical strength it would take to de tangle, wash, dry and moisturise it.


Over the years, I have been very lazy.  I would spend alot of the time I was supposed to be washing my hair, looking at hair products that are supposedly meant to make this whole process easy for afro haired girls like us. But it was too expensive or simply not accessible for someone who lives in a relatively small city, in a majority white town with £0.05 in my bank account.


So in my infinite wisdom, I have decided to write down how I go through wash day on a budget. I have put a list below of all the products and tools I have used and also I have a link to my youtube channel if you want to give us a follow. 

Just thought I might as well give it a try.

Anyway, Here it is






This step is very important to me because detangling hair when dry is painful, difficult and frustrating  and it makes me want to cry. Detangling wet hair makes it easier for the hair strands to break. Using the Garnier hair mask helps moisturise and detangle the hair. It also helps wet the hair faster when washing.

Process

Apply the hair mask to your hair and massage it in. Make sure that the products also gets into the roots. Use a wide tooth comb or your fingers to comb through and gently detangle your hair.



Wash the conditioner out of your hair

Wet it with water, it should get wet faster due to the garnier conditioner

Then shampoo and condition your hair as you usually do.



Pat  your hair dry with a microfiber towel.

Use the Garnier hair mask again to moisturize your hair. Separate your hair into  manageable sections and twist them. The twists help to prevent the shrinkage that comes after wetting the hair. If you want to keep your hair shorter then feel free to not do the twists.

Wrap a microfibre towel around your hair and towel dry and let your hair rest.



The Aftermath.

After dying I take out the twists and use wax based formulations. They do not contain water so they  keep the hair soft without the shrinkage that comes with it.


NB: This is a personal routine, feel free to adapt it to your capabilities, schedule,  Budget

Etc..

older Home

Rose Cocoa Blogs