menu
categories

UNI TIPS

Sunday 22 October 2017
Good AFTERNOON!
I hope you had a fabulous weekend. I haven't really done anything but that's because I've been feeling a little bit tired. But I m feeling so much better

So.
University.
Ive been through first year. So I feel like I'm qualified to give some advice. This doesn't apply to first years only. But all years

1) Books

Oh my days books are hella expensive. And of course your professors are pushing you to buy all of them.And the try to convince you that not having one is the end of the world. I mean yes, the best thing to do is to buy the books but theirs other ways to get the book. First thing i usually do is check  the university library for it. If its not there then the next best thing to do is to borrow a book similar to it. Actually, that's what I found myself doing even when I bought the books and I didn't understand that passage

2)Resources

Resources at uni aren't 'free', you paid £9000 for the whole deal. So use it. Go for all the pop in sessions for maths, go to the seminar about writing and essay, if you need help with a certain topic your lecture, email your lecture about it. Another thing I wanna mention is if you think you have a learning or mental health disability, there must be some sort of  advice centre where you can get diagnosed because the sooner you get help, the easier it gets

3) Revision

You don't have to just use books, I actually hate using the books because once i start reading only about 25% of the information sticks in my brain so I find you tube videos and making pod casts and flashcards.

4)Budget

MAKE A BUDGET MAKE A BUDGET MAKE A BUDGET MAKE A BUDGET AND STICK TO IT.
I cannot emphasise this enough. Money is something very,very precious at uni. Don't throw it all away. It took me 6 months to actually make and stick to a budget and its a very essential skill to master. I suggest googleing how to make a budget and Ill try and make a post on how to make one as well.

5)Health.

This went out of the window when i first stared going to uni. I was set free from my mums restrictions. I just ate whatever i craved and i gained a freshman 15 and I'm still to this day tryna shake it off. To be fair, eating super healthy is way more expensive than buying three packs of custard creams. The trick is to- um? I still haven figures=d it out. Feel free to comment below any ideas that you've got.
 

Any way, I hop you have a fabulous week
Love Rose

newer older Home

Rose Cocoa Blogs