menu
categories

Book it// The 5 books that changed my life and will change yours too

Sunday 19 March 2017
Before I had a phone or access to wifi my only source of entertainment was reading.I got to observe and alternate reality that would later keep playing in my head months after I had finished reading it. These are the books that had a huge impact on me an how I view my life. So here they are!!




  • My Sister Jodie ~ by Jacqline Wilson

This was the first tragic book I had ever read.It was also the first book that I ever cried at. Honestly the emotions are still strong from this. Bear in mind this was aimed at 12 year old girls so I wasn't suspecting such and impact.






  • The Purple Hibiscus ~ Chichimanda Ngochi Adiche

This was my first African book and I loved it! I felt like I could really connect with the main character and she was one who I could connect to on a personal level and I rarely do that.






  • The Colour Purple~ Alice Hooper

I got this as a birthday present because I saw the author in a documentary some time ago so I thought I might read it. And well,It was an eye opener. It was harsh, sharp and very, realistic. When the characters cry, you cry with them because now suddenly, they are you and you are them



  • Me Before You ~ Jojo Moyes

I kinda heard that lots of people saw the movie and cried when the watched this movie and I wasn't ready to put my self through it. But I was getting bored with what I was reading so I decided to venture to the romance section. And I expected it to be a typical twilight~esque sort of book.
It wasn't, it was








  • A Thousand Splendid Suns ~ Khaled Hosseini

Ok. I  got the audio book for this so it was a bit strange having someone else read a book for me, but that meant that I didn't have to struggle with the pronunciations. I had heard about the Kite Runner from all my friends so when I saw it in the library and took it home.Ant the title sounded like a pretty cheery book and I didn't read the blurb because spoilers .But Holy Chickens this left me in an emotional mess when I finished it. It taught me to appreciate my life and the struggle women past present and future have had to go through, are going through and will probably go through.
This is a MUST READ.(Or listen to)



Whats your favourite book?
Rose
xx
newer older Home

Rose Cocoa Blogs